Airbus X = EPIC!!!

Jeroen Doorman

• Deputy Sheriffs

Nice video, but if the AirbusX chrashes for you go to the forum and you could find some answers...smile.gif

I have this bird and luckuly I dont have any problems.

Thanks, i allready went to the forum but a real answer isn't there for me :) i mean, i need to add stuff i think and i'm no expert in adding files in directory's :) and in my opinion i think software shouldn't be making a sim crash so i would like to see an update which doesn't crash my FSX, or there allready is but then i am stupid in not having the capability of finding it lol :)

Thanks, i allready went to the forum but a real answer isn't there for me :) i mean, i need to add stuff i think and i'm no expert in adding files in directory's :) and in my opinion i think software shouldn't be making a sim crash so i would like to see an update which doesn't crash my FSX, or there allready is but then i am stupid in not having the capability of finding it lol :)

Well when you register the product there is the update, and I agree the software shouldnt crash.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well when you register the product there is the update, and I agree the software shouldnt crash.

Maybe a stupid question but ... where do i do that because i want the update :) thanks for the info btw, didn't find that anywhere or it is just me and the knowhow of forums, kinda new to that :)

Hey Jerdoo. Sure, I have Airbus X and experienced similar problems. I agree, it is unacceptable for this product to have these kind of issues. In my humble opinion they have been around long enough for Aerosft to fix. However, I can offer some advice. If you are getting crashes after clicking on the aircraft at the beginning of a flight (in the control panel) then the trick is to choose the other options first ie, weather, airport, time etc and then choose the aircraft. if you still experience problems, load your flight with a default aircraft and then change it once at your airport. That should help. However, I still experience a CTD at the end of a flight... in fact to be honest, I have stopped using the plane, simply because of these irritating issues, plus the fact I cannot fly with any 2D panels...

• Upvote 1

Hello Folks,

Please take a look at the Airbus X Forums regarding issues as a lot of them have been covered before with suggestions especially the crashes.

Just to add to this the crashes are a hard one to solve as the majority of people dont get them.

I had a customer the other day who completely re-installed Windows and FSX after reporting crashes etc and the problem was resolved for him so it was system specific.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hey Jerdoo. Sure, I have Airbus X and experienced similar problems. I agree, it is unacceptable for this product to have these kind of issues. In my humble opinion they have been around long enough for Aerosft to fix. However, I can offer some advice. If you are getting crashes after clicking on the aircraft at the beginning of a flight (in the control panel) then the trick is to choose the other options first ie, weather, airport, time etc and then choose the aircraft. if you still experience problems, load your flight with a default aircraft and then change it once at your airport. That should help. However, I still experience a CTD at the end of a flight... in fact to be honest, I have stopped using the plane, simply because of these irritating issues, plus the fact I cannot fly with any 2D panels...

he there, thanks for all the advice, i figured out quite fast that setting the other settings first resulted in less crashes, the only thing that crashes fsx is when i exit a recording of a flight and wanna do a second, this isn't an issue all the time but still the last issue that makes it crash, sometimes it works fine and good enough and it doesn't crash on me. I agree on the rest, it should work without crashing but i also know that it is software which will sometimes do what it wants i think :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Folks,

Please take a look at the Airbus X Forums regarding issues as a lot of them have been covered before with suggestions especially the crashes.

Just to add to this the crashes are a hard one to solve as the majority of people dont get them.

I had a customer the other day who completely re-installed Windows and FSX after reporting crashes etc and the problem was resolved for him so it was system specific.

Hi Shaun, i have been looking at the forums but they give me work arounds, i mean, i need to do this or that to let it not crash ... i know that aerosoft knows about the issue but as i have many payware add on planes only airbus x crashes my fsx, re-installing windows isn't an option in any way since this is also a work around and everything works fine on my computer, re-installing windows means re-installing everything on my computer which i think is a waste of my precious time :) lol. In my opinion aersoft needs to update the airbus x and fix the flaw that is in it, it should not matter if someone uses windows 7 64bit or windows xp 32 bit or any other up-to-date operating system, it's the development of the add on that needs to cover these issues. Customers pay more then 30 euro's for a software add on which crashes the sim, in my humble, i mean, really humble opnion, that's unexeptable. I work with software myself which consumers use and they will never except a crash of there system if they use our product :) no offence ment in anyway :) and i think for real that aerosoft does a good job, only this add on has a little problem :) thanks for the advice though, if you really have a fix for my issue then i will again be glad to take a look into that.

brg,

Jeroen

• Upvote 1

You hit the nail on the head. My experience of getting into FSX is that we spend more time tweaking and getting things to work correctly than we do actually flying! In my opinion, it is not accepatable for any company to start suggesting to consumers that they should re-install this and tweak that, to make their product work correctly, sorry Shaun, I have the greatest admiration for you guys, but my personal opinion is that it's not on. I have no issues with any other aircraft (all add-ons) and I am not going to do reinstall FSX and Windows because one single aircraft fails to perform the way it should. It is a lovely plane and as I said the Aerosoft guys have done a lovely job, but....

Hi Shaun, I have been looking at the forums but they give me work arounds, i mean, i need to do this or that to let it not crash ... i know that aerosoft knows about the issue but as i have many payware add on planes only airbus x crashes my fsx, re-installing windows isn't an option in any way since this is also a work around and everything works fine on my computer, re-installing windows means re-installing everything on my computer which i think is a waste of my precious time :) lol. In my opinion aersoft needs to update the airbus x and fix the flaw that is in it, it should not matter if someone uses windows 7 64bit or windows xp 32 bit or any other up-to-date operating system, it's the development of the add on that needs to cover these issues. Customers pay more then 30 euro's for a software add on which crashes the sim, in my humble, i mean, really humble opnion, that's unexeptable. I work with software myself which consumers use and they will never except a crash of there system if they use our product :) no offence ment in anyway :) and i think for real that aerosoft does a good job, only this add on has a little problem :) thanks for the advice though, if you really have a fix for my issue then i will again be glad to take a look into that.

brg,

Jeroen

• Upvote 1

My best solution was to uninstall.....I didn't like this add-on as it had too many issues and I spent too much time trying to sort them out instead of flying. No biggie, just learnt a lesson.

Hello Jeroen,

I believe you missed the point there. I said the problem is system specific, if all things were equal then the problem would be easy to resolve.

This issue is that some have it and a lot dont and thats the crashes. So does that mean theres a problem with the plane or is there a problem with compatibility with some other source thats been installed onto there computer.

I was pointing out that one person was complaining of the Airbus X doing all the wrong things on his system and then he cleaned out the whole lot and started from scratch and his issues were gone therefore this leads me to believe the problem was what was on his machine previously.

So if its working for some then there is no fix required, if its crashing for others without knowing whats causing this then its virtually impossible to resolve.

It could be some driver it could be some piece of software installed thats common to all those that are crashing it could be a multitude of things.

Hello Shaun, I hope you are well. I hear what you are saying. If it had been one single person or in fact a few, but I think you will agree that there are many simmers experiencing the same problem with this product.. So, with respect, your argument about saying it is system specific simply does not hold water, as there must be a common denominator across all these users that is pertinent with Airbus X. I do however sympathise with any developer when confronted with this kind of issue, as you said, very difficult to resolve.

Hello Jeroen,

I believe you missed the point there. I said the problem is system specific, if all things were equal then the problem would be easy to resolve.

This issue is that some have it and a lot dont and thats the crashes. So does that mean theres a problem with the plane or is there a problem with compatibility with some other source thats been installed onto there computer.

I was pointing out that one person was complaining of the Airbus X doing all the wrong things on his system and then he cleaned out the whole lot and started from scratch and his issues were gone therefore this leads me to believe the problem was what was on his machine previously.

So if its working for some then there is no fix required, if its crashing for others without knowing whats causing this then its virtually impossible to resolve.

It could be some driver it could be some piece of software installed thats common to all those that are crashing it could be a multitude of things.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Jeroen,

Hello Shaun,

i did get the point you are telling.

Thanks again for explaining it and i do get what you are telling.

Personally i think it is hard to solve and the fact that it isn't something that happens everytime makes it harder. My findings are that it does happen with a A320 but for some reasson it doesn't always happen with the A321.

I catch your drift on what you say but i also must add to that that, as i said in my comment, that this is the only add on that crashes my FSX. Therefore i can for some reasson state that there is also a flaw in the software design, i mean, if i was the only person to which it happens i would agree on you for 100% but there are issues with other users as well...

Never the less i enjoy the plane and liked it enough to buy it so therefore i will need to somehow see to life with this little problem ;)

Thanks again Shaun for the reply really appreciate it!

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Now all that nonsense would be much easier to read if you used capitals after every full stop! Im getting old but whats wrong with having a phone that makes a ringing noise when someone calls it? Its so much more orginal

Now all that nonsense would be much easier to read if you used capitals after every full stop! Im getting old but whats wrong with having a phone that makes a ringing noise when someone calls it? Its so much more orginal

It's true, spam is so lowbrow these days, tsk!

It's true, spam is so lowbrow these days, tsk!

Indeed. And I managed to hit the quota of negative votes I can deal in a day wacko.gif ... those spam posts are so annoying.

OK, it's simply not worth reporting every post this spam bot makes; just report the user as a "spammer" and hope the bot get's deleted soon.

Damn this guy makes hard to read the thread, I hope everything is fine tommorow...

• Deputy Sheriffs

is there a problem? If you have a problem with it then just move on

• Upvote 2

is there a problem? If you have a problem with it then just move on because i don't give a *&^% what you think ;)

This thread was full of spam a day ago, hence the comments. What you quoted wasn't directed at you, hence it doesn't make sense to you or warrant your reply!