Twin Otter ASC Panel.cfg Files

DB93

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is a known issue or if something just went a little wonky on my end, but I thought I'd report it here just in case it isn't something just on my end.

I recently installed the ASC for the Twin Otter, and really like the improved sounds, however when I originally installed the Twin Otter (v1.11), all of the panel.cfg files in the panel folders (except for the ones in the main 'Aerosoft Twin Otter 300' folder) were aliased to the main Twin Otter 300's 'panel' folders (.gps and .org). Now that I've installed the ASC for it, each panel folder has it's own panel.cfg file that no longer aliases to another folder. This in and of itself is not an issue, however right off the bat I noticed the DME gauge was no longer showing up in most of my models. Ultimately, the issue came down to the entry for the dme gauge was pointing to '..\panel' which, with the exception of the main 'Aerosoft Twin Otter 300\panel' folder, is a gauge that doesn't exist in any of the other panel folders. Needless to say, it was a simple enough fix, as I just changed the reference for the dme gauge to point to the '..\..\Aerosoft Twin Otter 300\panel' folder in all my Twotter panel.cfg files, and all works fine now. There were a couple of other entries in the vc section that also had to be changed as well (though I honestly don't remember them off the top of my head, but I could check them if needed when I'm back on my main machine.) At the end of the day, I can't say if the gauges are missing and were meant to be included with the ASC package, or if the panel.cfg reference paths are just incorrect in the versions that are included in the ASC package, but it was easily fixed on my end just by adjusting the paths in my panel.cfg files.

Anyhow, I'm not sure if these are known issues or not, or perhaps an isolated incident on my end (bad install of the ASC maybe?), but it just appeared to be a small oversight in the ASC package, and as such, thought the information was worth passing on.

Note that I don't need support for this, as I've already fixed things on my end, I just wanted to pass on what I encountered in case it is something that may need to be fixed in the ASC package, or if others may have encountered this and were looking for a fix.

-George

Thanks for the link Shaun.

I read through that thread, and it looks like they didn't manage to find the cause. I don't have the mission pack, so I can definitively say that problem is with the ASC add-on for the Twotter, specifically the problems that I mentioned previously with the panel.cfg files that ship with it. If nothing else, I hope this information helps you guys to fix the issue for folks that are encountering the problem, if not the main package itself if.

Here's an example of the changes I made (this is using the panel.cfg file from the 'Aerosoft Twin Otter 100 Floats' variant.)

For the [window01] section:

Change:

gauge04=..\panel\DME!DME, 0,0,200,40

so it reads:

gauge04=..\..\Aerosoft Twin Otter 300\panel\DME!DME, 0,0,200,40

Then in the [VCockpit01] section:

Change:

gauge25=..\panel\DME!dme, 529,850,495,104

gauge26=..\panel\OMI!o, 4,766,80,80

gauge27=..\panel\OMI!m, 103,766,80,80

gauge28=..\panel\OMI!i, 193,766,80,80

so that it reads:

gauge25=..\..\Aerosoft Twin Otter 300\panel\DME!dme, 529,850,495,104

gauge26=..\..\Aerosoft Twin Otter 300\panel\OMI!o, 4,766,80,80

gauge27=..\..\Aerosoft Twin Otter 300\panel\OMI!m, 103,766,80,80

gauge28=..\..\Aerosoft Twin Otter 300\panel\OMI!i, 193,766,80,80

These are the changes I've made to every panel.cfg file (except for the ones in the Aerosoft Twin Otter 300 folder, as the 'panel' folder in there actually does contain the gauges, so the dme and stuff works fine for the variants in that folder.)

Hope this information helps you folks to get this resolved for other folks that are experiencing this. The changes I've listed above have fixed the issue for me, so I don't need any support for this. I just wanted to pass the info along to the folks here at Aerosoft in case they weren't aware of the problem, or at least what the cause of the problem is.

Hope this information is helpful. :)

-George

The workaround I used was to simply copy and paste the DME.cab file into each of the panel folders.

Thanks for finding the fix. I went with copying the DME.cab to the other instead of mucking with the cfg files

I've tried the fix with the Mission Pack Twotter w/ skis, the DME panel is right where it should be.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...